Pyeongchang Winter Olympics opening ceremony




Article: "Perfect" opening ceremony captivates 35,000 audience members

Source: Newsis via Nate

1. [+510, -23] Lots of talk and hiccups getting here but as a Korean, I hope that this winter olympics will be as exciting as any..

2. [+484, -18] I got goosebumps when I saw Kim Yuna do a turn in such a tight space

3. [+404, -18] I had no idea that the Pyeongchang olympics opening would be this amazing. It truly was perfect. I read a lot of articles from foreign media outlets saying they were impressed.

4. [+40, -6] The opening ceremony showed that Korea is now an advanced economy. Made me realize how far our country has come. Truly amazing.

5. [+31, -5] I was so touched to see our cultural assets come out of the cave in the beginning as well as the celestial planisphere map. I was doubly surprised to hear the announcer say that the drones weren't CG either.

6. [+25, -7] I honestly wasn't even excited a couple days ago but now that I saw the opening, I'm so impressed. So shocked to hear that it wasn't CG but drones and I was happy to see Kim Yuna at the end too.

7. [+21, -5] So proud and happy even though I wasn't the one to set any of this up

8. [+20, -7] Can't wait for the ending ceremony. The entire team that set this up deserves an award ^^

-